Quantcast

Illinois Admission Chances


Reviews 0 Write a Review!

Acceptance Chances

Can I get into Illinois? These admission statistics provide an indication how difficult it is to get in and what your chances are. 22,471 out of 34,277 applicants or 66% were admitted making Illinois a moderately competitive school to get into with a good chance of acceptance if you meet the requirements. Academically, it has extremely high requirements for admission test scores. Only 34% of those admitted chose to enroll in the school.

Women Men Total
Applied 14,756 19,521 34,277
Accepted 10,407 12,064 22,471
Acceptance Rate 71% 62% 66%
Enrolled 3,359 4,203 7,562
Percent of Admitted Who Enrolled (Admission Yield) 32% 35% 34%

Scores you need to get in

What are the SAT and ACT requirements for students to be admitted to University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign and what score do you need to get in? The tables below describe the SAT and ACT test score percentile profile of the Fall 2015 starting class.

ACT Requirements

Admission data indicates that Illinois regularly accepts students with ACTs of 26 and above. We estimate the school accepting minimum ACT composite scores around 24 in some instances. Prospective students submitting an ACT composite of 28 or higher should be in the upper half of applicants - and students with a 31 and above have very competitive chances. Scoring well on the ACT is very important as 82 percent of applicants submit ACT scores to University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.

SAT Requirements (New SAT)

Reporting indicates the school consistently takes SAT composite scores down to 1320 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach. We estimate some students could be accepted with SAT's as low as 1230. The estimated average SAT composite for admitted freshman is 1410 out of 1600. 25 percent of applicants submit SAT scores to the school. Note: SAT scores presented on this page have been adjusted upwards per the College Board's concordance tables for test takers after March 2016.

25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score
SAT Composite 1320 1500
SAT Reading 640 720
SAT Math 730 800
ACT Composite 26 31
ACT English 25 33
ACT Math 26 32

Estimated Chance of Acceptance by Score

What do these ratings mean?

ACT Score Competitiveness Est. Admission Chances
31 and Above Good >79%
28 to 31 Avg + 66%-79%
26 to 28 Avg - 56%-66%
24 to 26 Reach 45%-56%
Less than 24 Low <45%
SAT Score (NEW 1600 scale) Competitiveness Admission Chances
1500 and Above Good >77%
1410 to 1500 Avg + 66%-77%
1320 to 1410 Avg - 53%-66%
1230 to 1320 Reach 40%-53%
Less than 1230 Low <40%

Estimated GPA Requirements

University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign has not reported high school GPA data for its freshman class at this time.

Fall 2017 Application Deadline

The application deadline for Fall 2017 has passed. Applications were due on Dec 1, 2016.

Admission Requirements

What are the requirements for admission to University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign and what considerations affect admission decisions?

Test Scores Required
High School GPA Recommended
High School Class Rank Recommended
Completion of College Preparatory Program Required
Recommendations Neither required nor recommended
Demonstration of Competencies Neither required nor recommended

Credits Accepted

Does accept high school AP credits or award dual credit towards both a college and high school degree?

AP Credit Yes
Dual Credit Yes
Credit for Life Experiences No

Primary data source, U.S. Department of Education https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?id=145637 IPEDS survey data for University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.



gpa high school colleges in massachusetts kennesaw state university tuition nku tuition america's education system ranked best colleges us news rankings wisconsin colleges best community colleges in usa rankings best colleges college rankings us news education lowest acceptance rate community colleges near me