Kean Admission Chances

Reviews 1 Write a Review!

Acceptance Chances

Can I get into Kean? These admission statistics provide an indication how difficult it is to get in and what your chances are. 5,900 out of 7,944 applicants or 74% were admitted making Kean a moderately competitive school to get into with a good chance of acceptance if you meet the requirements. Academically, it has extremely easy requirements for admission test scores. Only 26% of those admitted chose to enroll in the school.

Women Men Total
Applied 4,697 3,247 7,944
Accepted 3,506 2,394 5,900
Acceptance Rate 75% 74% 74%
Enrolled 869 649 1,518
Percent of Admitted Who Enrolled (Admission Yield) 25% 27% 26%

Scores you need to get in

What are the SAT and ACT requirements for students to be admitted to Kean University and what score do you need to get in? The tables below describe the SAT and ACT test score percentile profile of the Fall 2015 starting class.

SAT Requirements (New SAT)

Reporting indicates the school consistently takes SAT composite scores down to 920 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach. We estimate some students could be accepted with SAT's as low as 830. The estimated average SAT composite for admitted freshman is 1010 out of 1600. A competitive SAT score is critical as 77 percent of applicants submit SAT scores to the school. Note: SAT scores presented on this page have been adjusted upwards per the College Board's concordance tables for test takers after March 2016.

25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score
SAT Composite 920 1100
SAT Reading 450 550
SAT Math 470 550
ACT Composite 17 21
ACT English N/A N/A
ACT Math N/A N/A

Estimated Chance of Acceptance by Score

What do these ratings mean?

ACT Score Competitiveness Est. Admission Chances
21 and Above Good >83%
19 to 21 Avg + 74%-83%
17 to 19 Avg - 63%-74%
15 to 17 Reach 50%-63%
Less than 15 Low <50%
SAT Score (NEW 1600 scale) Competitiveness Admission Chances
1100 and Above Good >83%
1010 to 1100 Avg + 74%-83%
920 to 1010 Avg - 63%-74%
830 to 920 Reach 50%-63%
Less than 830 Low <50%

Estimated GPA Requirements

Kean University has not reported high school GPA data for its freshman class at this time.

Admission Requirements

What are the requirements for admission to Kean University and what considerations affect admission decisions?

Test Scores Required
High School GPA Required
High School Class Rank Neither required nor recommended
Completion of College Preparatory Program Recommended
Recommendations Required
Demonstration of Competencies Neither required nor recommended

Credits Accepted

Does accept high school AP credits or award dual credit towards both a college and high school degree?

AP Credit Yes
Dual Credit Yes
Credit for Life Experiences Yes

Primary data source, U.S. Department of Education https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?id=185262 IPEDS survey data for Kean University.

when was america ranked first in education best community colleges in usa rankings america ranked against other countries south america is ranked what in population and size texas tech tuition gpa calculator uf 3.4 gpa community colleges near me gpa calculator psu america ranked in freedom harvard average gpa