Cleveland Institute of Art Admission Chances

Reviews 0 Write a Review!

Acceptance Chances

Can I get into Cleveland Institute of Art? These admission statistics provide an indication how difficult it is to get in and what your chances are. 479 out of 738 applicants or 65% were admitted making Cleveland Institute of Art a moderately competitive school to get into with a good chance of acceptance if you meet the requirements. Academically, it has difficult requirements for admission test scores. Only 35% of those admitted chose to enroll in the school.

Women Men Total
Applied 428 310 738
Accepted 284 195 479
Acceptance Rate 66% 63% 65%
Enrolled 100 68 168
Percent of Admitted Who Enrolled (Admission Yield) 35% 35% 35%

Scores you need to get in

What are the SAT and ACT requirements for students to be admitted to Cleveland Institute of Art and what score do you need to get in? The tables below describe the SAT and ACT test score percentile profile of the Fall 2015 starting class.

ACT Requirements

Admission data indicates that Cleveland Institute of Art regularly accepts students with ACTs of 20 and above. We estimate the school accepting minimum ACT composite scores around 16 in some instances. Prospective students submitting an ACT composite of 24 or higher should be in the upper half of applicants - and students with a 27 and above have very competitive chances. Scoring well on the ACT is very important as 67 percent of applicants submit ACT scores to Cleveland Institute of Art.

SAT Requirements (New SAT)

Reporting indicates the school consistently takes SAT composite scores down to 1030 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach. We estimate some students could be accepted with SAT's as low as 900. The estimated average SAT composite for admitted freshman is 1160 out of 1600. 37 percent of applicants submit SAT scores to the school. Note: SAT scores presented on this page have been adjusted upwards per the College Board's concordance tables for test takers after March 2016.

25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score
SAT Composite 1030 1290
SAT Reading 520 660
SAT Math 510 600
ACT Composite 20 27
ACT English 20 26
ACT Math 17 26

Estimated Chance of Acceptance by Score

What do these ratings mean?

ACT Score Competitiveness Est. Admission Chances
27 and Above Good >77%
23 to 27 Avg + 65%-77%
20 to 23 Avg - 54%-65%
17 to 20 Reach 43%-54%
Less than 17 Low <43%
SAT Score (NEW 1600 scale) Competitiveness Admission Chances
1290 and Above Good >76%
1160 to 1290 Avg + 65%-76%
1030 to 1160 Avg - 52%-65%
900 to 1030 Reach 39%-52%
Less than 900 Low <39%

Estimated GPA Requirements

Cleveland Institute of Art has not reported high school GPA data for its freshman class at this time.

Fall 2017 Application Deadline

The application deadline for Fall 2017 has passed. Applications were due on Mar 15, 2017.

Admission Requirements

What are the requirements for admission to Cleveland Institute of Art and what considerations affect admission decisions?

Test Scores Required
High School GPA Required
High School Class Rank Neither required nor recommended
Completion of College Preparatory Program Neither required nor recommended
Recommendations Required
Demonstration of Competencies Required

Credits Accepted

Does accept high school AP credits or award dual credit towards both a college and high school degree?

AP Credit Yes
Dual Credit Yes
Credit for Life Experiences No

Primary data source, U.S. Department of Education https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?id=202046 IPEDS survey data for Cleveland Institute of Art.

cornell admission requirements stanford admission requirements rice university acceptance rate colleges in north carolina grand canyon university tuition universities near me gpa calculator uf ball state tuition nyu requirements air force academy admissions texas tech tuition