Quantcast

Winthrop University Admission Chances


Acceptance Chances

Acceptance Rate
67.1%
Admission Difficulty for Winthrop University
Measure Difficulty
Admission StandardsAverage
Applicant CompetitionLow

Can I get into Winthrop University? These admission statistics provide an indication how difficult it is to get in and what your chances are. 3,272 out of 4,876 applicants or 67% were admitted making Winthrop University a moderately competitive school to get into with a strong chance of acceptance if you meet the requirements. Academically, it has average requirements for admission test scores. Only 33% of those admitted chose to enroll in the school.

Scholarships to Study in the U.S.

SAT Requirements

SAT Range
990-1200
Applicants Submitting SAT
52%
SAT Scores for Winthrop University
SAT Test 25th Percentile Score
SAT Reading 25th 500
SAT Math 25th 490
SAT Composite 25th 990
SAT Scores for Winthrop University
SAT Test 25th Percentile Score
SAT Reading 75th 620
SAT Math 75th 580
SAT Composite 75th 1200
SAT Scores you need to get in

What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to Winthrop University?

Reporting indicates the school consistently takes SAT composite scores down to 990 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach. We estimate some students could be accepted with SAT's as low as 885. The estimated average SAT composite for admitted freshman is 1095 out of 1600. 52 percent of applicants submit SAT scores to the school. Note: SAT scores presented on this page have been adjusted upwards per the College Board's concordance tables for test takers after March 2016.

Estimated Chance of Acceptance by SAT Score

Winthrop University admission chances by SAT score
SAT Score (1600 scale) Competitiveness Admission Chances
1200 and Above Good >78%
1095 to 1200 Avg + 67%-78%
990 to 1095 Avg - 54%-67%
885 to 990 Reach 41%-54%
Less than 885 Low <41%

ACT Requirements

ACT Range
20-26
Applicants Submitting ACT
48%
ACT Scores for Winthrop University
ACT Test 25th Percentile Score
ACT Reading 25th N/A
ACT Math 25th N/A
ACT Composite 25th 20
ACT Scores for Winthrop University
ACT Test 75th Percentile Score
ACT Reading 75th N/A
ACT Math 75th N/A
ACT Composite 75th 26
ACT Scores needed to get accepted

What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into Winthrop University?

Admission data indicates that Winthrop University regularly accepts students with ACT's of 20 and above. We estimate the school accepting minimum ACT composite scores around 17 in some instances. Prospective students submitting an ACT composite of 23 or higher should be in the upper half of applicants - and students with a 26 and above have very competitive chances. 48 percent of applicants submit ACT scores to Winthrop University.

Estimated Chance of Acceptance by ACT Score

Winthrop University admission chances by ACT score
ACT Score Competitiveness Admission Chances
26 and Above Good >78%
23 to 26 Avg + 67%-78%
20 to 23 Avg - 54%-67%
17 to 20 Reach 41%-54%
Less than 17 Low <41%

Estimated GPA Requirements

Winthrop University has not reported high school GPA data for its accepted students.

Scholarships to Study in the U.S.

Admission Statistics

Winthrop University admission statistics
Women Men Total
Applied 3,413 1,463 4,876
Accepted 2,374 898 3,272
Acceptance Rate 70% 61% 67%
Enrolled 778 312 1,090
Percent of Admitted Who Enrolled (Admission Yield) 33% 35% 33%

Admission Requirements

What are the requirements for admission to Winthrop University and what considerations affect admission decisions?

Winthrop University Admission Requirements
Test Scores Required
High School GPA Required
High School Class Rank Neither required nor recommended
Completion of College Preparatory Program Recommended
Recommendations Recommended
Demonstration of Competencies Neither required nor recommended

Credits Accepted

High School Credits Accepted at Winthrop University
AP Credit Yes
Dual Credit Yes
Credit for Life Experiences No

Primary data source, U.S. Department of Education https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?id=218964 IPEDS survey data for Winthrop University.



caltech requirements north america ranked distribution iowa state tuition gpa calculator osu rice university acceptance rate ucf gpa requirements act scores 4.0 gpa colleges in georgia